Thursday, May 14, 2020

Creative Recycling


As an extended activity from a science lesson, we learned about creative ways people have reused plastic.  We decided to take on the challenge ourselves.  Take a look at some of our ideas for recycled plastic.




This is my new earrings set. I  made it out of a plastic bottle. First,  I cut out two small triangles and took a candle to soften and curl them. Then I found some old earring hooks and glued them on.  I  think it would be useful  to give these to a pop star and MAYBE people would start recycling their plastic. Natalee



  I made a plastic monster and named him Crazy. He was made out of a 4-pack can carrier, bottle caps, a spoon, a take- out plastic bowl cover, a plastic bottle, and a take-out salad bowl. He is useful because he is a friend for this time in the Coronavirus. I do not need to social distance from this friend. Charlie








I made a giraffe bank and  he is a cute bank! First, I took a bottle and cut off the top . Then I used the top part as the neck. I used the cap for the snout and I covered it with yellow paper, and drew on brown spots. The materials I used were: plastic bottles, paper, and markers.
It's useful because it is a piggy bank. I got the idea from a slide show. They made a pig but I made a giraffe.  People who need a place to put their money might want it. Amelia


I call this "The Cube". It picks up trash in the ocean and recycles it too. It never fails on us. It is made out of plastic bottles and it is awesome.
The End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jason 




I am going to make a t-rex out of plastic bottles and paper and use glue to put it together. I got the idea from Amelia and I would like her to have it. Zeke 





My idea is a beautiful mini-purse. It is very nice, functional and good to have with you. If you want some candies when you're out, this is the perfect thing for you. I made it with a plastic bag and some decorative tape. I made it by just really easily taking some normal tape and folding the plastic bag up a little bit and taping it on. Then you take some decorative tape and cover it. Take two little strips and just put them right on using glue or tape. If you like bags or purses ,you would like this mini-purse.  I got the idea from looking around my bedroom and seeing all of the other big purses that are just for style ,but this is one that is fashionable and you can use it to hold all the little candies that you want. Brooke

My Fox bank is a wonderful bank. I made her out of a plastic bottle and paper. I drew her nose on her cap and she sits on my drawer. When I made her she was just a bottle but then I glued on an orange body. I also glued on ears and a tail and eyes. They are made out of paper. It can be useful because you can put money in it. I got the idea from the piggy bank in the Mystery Doug video. People might want it because they can use her as a Fox Bank and keep their money safe. Cleo is her name.





My Titanic is an awesome toy.  It  is made completely of plastic bottles and tape. There are four parts to this ship: the front, the middle, the back and the bottom layers. The first bottom layer is connected to the back and front.  The second layer is connected to the first layer by eight pieces of tape.  The third layer is also connected by eight pieces of tape. The middle, back and front contains twenty one bottles. And that is my description.







My polar bank is the new thing. It is a recycled Snapple bottle. I rinsed the yuck out of the bottle. Then I let it sit for a while with soap and water in it. I got paper and cut it out. Then I got more paper and made legs. My dad cut the hole. I already have money in it!  That is why my polar bank is the new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment